Today, many couples do not wish to have a Church Christening
for their child(ren) in line with their personal beliefs.
By using an Independent Celebrant, this gives you the opportunity to mark this very special occasion with a Child/Baby naming Ceremony, a wonderful alternative for those that still wish to mark the occasion in their own special way. The ceremony enables the parents to have a choice of not only the content of the ceremony but also the place in which the celebration is to be held.
I can offer:
On our initial meeting, I will listen to your thoughts and wishes, show you choices and examples that will help write your ceremony, which will be personal and unique to you as a family. Delivered on the date and place you choose.
You could incorporate:
- Music (including religious music if you wish)
- Incorporate any family traditions
- Include elements of religion i.e. prayers and hymns
- Cultural Customs
- Involving as many people in the ceremony that you choose
- Add a section to remember members of the family who are unable to be present
- Signing and presentation of certificate(s)
- The whole ceremony to reflect your own values and beliefs.
I am happy to incorporate a Baby/Child Naming into another ceremony such as the Celebration of Marriage or Renewal of Vows.
From £300.00 (depending on the content of Ceremony). Includes an initial free consultation and all work involved by Independent Celebrant in creating and producing the script for the ceremony.
Additional Costs: Mileage if not local to me (i.e. within 10 miles of Wokingham) – will be charged at standard government rate of 45p per mile. Accommodation costs for Celebrant if necessary are negotiable.
Did you know?
- Grandparents are a crucial part of a child(ren)s life and you can include your thanks and promises to them during the ceremony as well.
- This type of ceremony is a wonderful way to show everyone’s commitment to ensuring guidance and a happy, safe upbringing of the child(ren).
- This ceremony is not legally binding, so the use of a Registrar is not needed. Using a Celebrant is a low-cost alternative to funding the cost of a venue plus using a Local Registration Officer.
- The people you choose to have an interest in your child(ren)s future can be fully involved in the ceremony and can write and deliver their own promises if they wish to do so, but I would request copies are sent to me well in advance of the ceremony.
- “Godparents” are usually referred to as “Supporting” or “Guiding” adults, however if you wish to call them “Godparents” then that is fine too. Giving a gift, or holding a lit candle beside the child(ren) and saying a poem or prayer are other examples of the “Supporting” adults’ involvement.